The American Friends Service Committee and the North Carolina Council of Churches have partnered to create a powerful new collection of resources on immigration issues. Designed with faith communities in mind, this 40 page collection includes fact sheets, articles, and worship resources as well as city-specific material.
There are two initial versions of this “Toolbox” – one statewide version and one for faith communities in Greensboro and surrounding areas.
Table of Contents
- Starting the Conversation
- Dealing with Controversial Issues in Faith Communities
- Immigration Terminology
Get the Facts
- At A Glance
- New Americans in the Tar Heel State
- Clarity in Numbers: Addressing Typical Concerns about Immigration Reform
- Immigration by the Numbers
- Why Don’t All Those Immigrants Just “Get Legal”?
- What Part of Legal Immigration Don’t You Understand?
- The Economics of Immigration
- Undocumented Immigrants as Taxpayers
- U.S.-Mexico Trade and Migration
- NAFTA’s Vicious Cycle
- Sharing the Costs, Sharing the Benefits: Inclusion is the Best Medicine
- Dangerous Merger: Local Enforcement of Federal Immigration Law
- More Questions than Answers about the Secure Communities Program
- Get the Resources
Ideas for Worship
- Immigrants in the Bible
- Suggested Responsive Reading
- Pastoral Reflection—Based on Ruth 1:1-18
- Additional Worship Resources
- Social Justice Dates for Promoting Immigration Discussion
For More Information
- Contacts and Other Resources
- Learn More—Reports, Videos, Personal Stories, Activities
- In Case of Emergency